Category Archives: Uncategorized
I am happy to post links here to three instructional videos I created yesterday:
1) A video worth watching before you put on tefillin for the first time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg2XZOxhbl0
2) A video worth watching to learn how to put on tefillin (according to the methodology that I use): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A69m2nDFw8
3) A video worth watching to learn what to do during an aliyyah to the torah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-dBIUVJsxU
Also, here’s another new resource:
I’ve made some charts to help students of (most) ages learn read Hebrew.
Feel free to share!
Every once in a while, I do some project that requires me to search through the TaNaKh (תנ״ך). Therefore, I’ve created four very simple resources I–and now you too–can use to search through the TaNaKh:
1. A .pdf of the TaNaKh without any enumerations of chapters and verses and chapter/portion titles (as well as no indications of openings [פתוחות] or closings [סתומות] according to scribal traditions).
3. A .docx of the TaNaKh without any enumerations of chapters and verses and chapter/portion titles (as well as no indications of openings [פתוחות] or closings [סתומות] according to scribal traditions).
P. S. I am right now looking for verses that end and begin with certain combinations of letters. This will help me do this… somewhat.
At this link–here–are the words to four parodies I wrote for Purim, and below videos of the performances:
A few years back, I was humbled to be asked by my friend and teacher Rabbi Becky Silverstein what recommendations I had regarding gender-neutral ways to call folks to the Torah.
Tonight, while going through some old files, I found a sheet I had made up for this purpose and realized I had never posted it online anywhere.
How folks respond to the gender implications when mentioning lineages entails a chart I can provide at a future time.