Rabbi Jonah Rank, ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May 2015, serves Congregation Shaar Shalom in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as the community’s Maskil (“teacher of tradition”), where Rabbi Rank’s spouse, Rabbi Dr. Raysh Weiss, serves as the community’s rabbi. Rabbi Rank is a teacher, researcher and writer (with a full list of publications listed here). With Rabbi Rank’s Jewish music recognized by The Forward‘s “Soundtrack of Our Spirit,” Jonah Rank (when not acting as a rabbi per se) also composes, records and performs in a variety of musical genres on a variety of musical instruments. Rabbi Rank served as the secretary for Mahzor Lev Shalem (Rabbinical Assembly: New York, NY; 2010) and Siddur Lev Shalem (Rabbinical Assembly: New York, NY; 2015). Aside from all the above, Jonah enjoys reading and spending time with family.
- בראשית פרק א [פרשת בראשית] א בְּֿרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּֽרְֿאָ֣ה אֱלֹה֑וֹת אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְֿאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ: ב וְֿהָאָ֗רֶץ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- #FunFact All instances of וַיְבָ֧רֶךְ with a darga on the vet in the TaNaKh have God as the subject. #YoureWelcome 2 days ago
- #FunFacts All instances of עֹ֣שֶׂה (with a munach on the ayin) in TaNaKh have God as the subject. #YoureWelcome 3 days ago
- וַיְהִ֛י בִּנְסֹ֥עַ הָֽאָרֹ֖ן וַיֹּ֣אמֶר מֹשֶׁ֑ה ק֣וּמִי ׀ יהו֗ה וְֿיָפֻ֨צוּ֙ אֹֽיְֿבָ֔יִךְ וְֿיָנֻ֥סוּ מְֿֿשַׂנְ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- FUN FACT: God is the only character in TaNaKh who performs the verb וַיַּרְא with a darga. #YoureWelcome 3 days ago