Rabbi Jonah Rank, ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May 2015, serves Kehilat HaNahar in New Hope, PA, as the Director of its Shul School. Previously, Rank served Congregation Shaar Shalom in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as the community’s Maskil (“teacher of tradition”), where Rabbi Rank’s spouse, Rabbi Dr. Raysh Weiss, served as the community’s rabbi. Rabbi Rank is a teacher, researcher and writer (with a full list of publications listed here). With Rabbi Rank’s Jewish music recognized by The Forward‘s “Soundtrack of Our Spirit,” Jonah Rank (when not acting as a rabbi per se) also composes, records and performs in a variety of musical genres on a variety of musical instruments. Rabbi Rank served as the secretary for Mahzor Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2010) and Siddur Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2015) and the Managing Editor of Zeramim: An Online Journal for Applied Jewish Thought from the fall of 2016 until the fall of 2019. Aside from all the above, Jonah enjoys reading and spending time with family.
- @yitzlandes @DrishaInstitute Will it be recorded? I'm hoping to do Shavu'ot shopping at the exact same time. 5 days ago
- On a visceral level, the hard part is the war. On an existential level though, the hardest work--turning strangers,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- My heart is with you, my prayers are with you, and, as a rabbi, I'd like to assert that God is standing with you, p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- That kind of work will not be fast or easy, but the interpersonal work necessary for breaking the cycle of violence… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Israeli culture and Palestinian culture at large must each grow and be willing to grant to one another more benefit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago