Rabbi Jonah Rank, ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May 2015, serves Kehilat HaNahar in New Hope, PA, as the Director of its Shul School. Previously, Rank served Congregation Shaar Shalom in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as the community’s Maskil (“teacher of tradition”), where Rabbi Rank’s spouse, Rabbi Dr. Raysh Weiss, served as the community’s rabbi. Rabbi Rank is a teacher, researcher and writer (with a full list of publications listed here). With Rabbi Rank’s Jewish music recognized by The Forward‘s “Soundtrack of Our Spirit,” Jonah Rank (when not acting as a rabbi per se) also composes, records and performs in a variety of musical genres on a variety of musical instruments. Rabbi Rank served as the secretary for Mahzor Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2010) and Siddur Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2015) and the Managing Editor of Zeramim: An Online Journal for Applied Jewish Thought from the fall of 2016 until the fall of 2019. Aside from all the above, Jonah enjoys reading and spending time with family.
- RT @RogueShul: We do not endorse electing a new Sisterhood President in the lame duck period between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. That h… 2 hours ago
- RT @ChrisMurphyCT: I understand lots of people tune out court fights. But this one is different. A 6-3 court will strike down the Afforda… 14 hours ago
- What are you doing this week to make sure someone else can vote? 14 hours ago
- RT @votesaveamerica: Happy National Voter Registration Day! Celebrate by making sure you’re registered and making sure everyone you know is… 14 hours ago
- RT @joshgad: Honest question. Who looks at 2020 and says, “I want to vote for four more years of whatever this is” 15 hours ago