Rabbi Jonah Rank, ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May 2015, serves Kehilat HaNahar in New Hope, PA, as the Director of its Shul School. Previously, Rank served Congregation Shaar Shalom in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as the community’s Maskil (“teacher of tradition”), where Rabbi Rank’s spouse, Rabbi Dr. Raysh Weiss, served as the community’s rabbi. Rabbi Rank is a teacher, researcher and writer (with a full list of publications listed here). With Rabbi Rank’s Jewish music recognized by The Forward‘s “Soundtrack of Our Spirit,” Jonah Rank (when not acting as a rabbi per se) also composes, records and performs in a variety of musical genres on a variety of musical instruments. Rabbi Rank served as the secretary for Mahzor Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2010) and Siddur Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2015) and the Managing Editor of Zeramim: An Online Journal for Applied Jewish Thought from the fall of 2016 until the fall of 2019. Aside from all the above, Jonah enjoys reading and spending time with family.
- The jpg of pizza bagels that a younger relative of mine and I made together last month is basically irrelevant. But… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- Worried about the elections happening in Virginia? If you want a Dem for VA's next Governor but don't have time to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- Does anything happen if you find all the words on the @nytimes' list for the @SpellingBeeNYT? Obviously, other tha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- RT @Leahgreenb: This is just a few weeks after a Black principal was fired in a neighboring district. Any Jewish person who thought that th… 1 day ago
- RT @amandalitman: Fun @runforsomething facts: We'll have more than 270 candidates on the ballot on November 2nd across 23 states. 51% BIPOC… 2 days ago