Rabbi Jonah Rank, ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May 2015, serves Kehilat HaNahar in New Hope, PA, as the Director of its Shul School. Previously, Rank served Congregation Shaar Shalom in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as the community’s Maskil (“teacher of tradition”), where Rabbi Rank’s spouse, Rabbi Dr. Raysh Weiss, served as the community’s rabbi. Rabbi Rank is a teacher, researcher and writer (with a full list of publications listed here). With Rabbi Rank’s Jewish music recognized by The Forward‘s “Soundtrack of Our Spirit,” Jonah Rank (when not acting as a rabbi per se) also composes, records and performs in a variety of musical genres on a variety of musical instruments. Rabbi Rank served as the secretary for Mahzor Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2010) and Siddur Lev Shalem (New York, NY: Rabbinical Assembly 2015) and the Managing Editor of Zeramim: An Online Journal for Applied Jewish Thought from the fall of 2016 until the fall of 2019. Aside from all the above, Jonah enjoys reading and spending time with family.
- RT @mitspooner: Im asking @nsgov for $2500 a month to pay every fellow frontline service worker for enforcing the mask mandate. We are alre… 9 hours ago
- RT @yitzlandes: Watching the book launch for Ishay Rosen-Zvi's new book, "בין משנה למדרש," w/ Ishay, Michal Bar-Asher Siegal, Elchanan Rein… 3 days ago
- RT @DanRather: Perhaps Donald Trump doesn’t like the Postal Service because it delivers. 4 days ago
- One day, when they make a Brady Bunch reboot, everyone will make jokes about Zoom. 5 days ago
- RT @yitzlandes: I do wonder how historians will one day write abt “The Memory of the Temple in late 20th-21st c. North American Judaism,” &… 1 week ago